My Family

My Family

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Born to love..

I was born to love. It was stitched into my very soul. Loving can be warm and fulfilling; overwhelming and achy.  I am grateful. Loving is beautiful.

I was born to feel. My entire being feels so deeply it is as though I'm in a constant whirlwind of emotion. Feeling can be as soft as feather stroking ones skin or as sharp as a knife in ones heart. I am grateful. Feeling is wondrous.

I was taught to be thankful. My parents and family around me showed me how remarkable it is to be thankful. Thankfulness is being happy with what one has as well as what one has given your soul. I am grateful.  Thankfulness is humbling.

I was taught to give. To give without thought of one's self.  To give without wanting or needing anything in return. Giving is like a present and should never hurt.  I am grateful. Giving is a gift.

I am tempted to hate. All around me there is hatred, mean spirited talk and actions. Hatred sucks the happiness out of a body and replaces it with evil. I try and avoid all hate. Hate is cold in ones heart and like smoke in ones eyes.  I am grateful for the challenge to show others how to avoid hate. Hating is monstrous.

I am tempted to lie. White lies to make someone feel better. Big lies to try and better ones personal situation. Lying is everywhere. There is no benefit to a lie. If one must spit a lie instead of spilling the truth they are filled with shame. Lying may make one feel better for a short while, but will rip you apart over time.  I am grateful for the opportunity to tell the truth. Lying is disrespectful.

All in all I am surrounded by each of these and it's up to me how to use them. Filling my soul with the good and casting out the bad.




John 13:34-35

34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you feel. Please be nice. I only do nice. xoxo