My Family

My Family

Monday, May 20, 2013

Cleansing breath..

After many suggestions and coaxing I took my very first Yoga class today. If you don't count Wii Fit, I've never done yoga before. Going somewhere new is not only out of my comfort zone...it's practically unheard of when it comes to me. I like familiar and comfortable. What's the opposite of an outspoken social butterfly? Whatever the opposite is, that's me. If going somewhere new I like to go with someone else...and not just someone else...someone who's familiar with the place. Soooo...going to a Yoga center doing something I've never done at in a place I've never been. Not me. But I sucked it up and went.

The atmosphere was peaceful and calm. The instructor was friendly and warm. The class was large and included a wide variety of experience, size and age. I was unexpectedly one of the younger members. There was relaxing music and it didn't matter if one was new or well trained...we were all accepted.  I sat in the back, which is where I am usually most comfortable. I really enjoyed the entire experience. It challenged, relaxed me and I can't wait until I go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you feel. Please be nice. I only do nice. xoxo