My Family

My Family

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Getting ready for baby

As I sit here, I am filling with anxiety and mild contractions as my baby prepares to enter this world.  My due date has been changed multiple times, but my doctor is confident he's around 36 weeks old and a little premature if he chooses to come so soon.  As of 3/19/14 I am 1 cm dilated and having continuous contractions. Slightly painful and annoying contractions. Pretty much doing anything brings them on and as of right now...sitting does.  I received two shots in the back of the arm of terbutaline and an IV of electrolyte enriched fluid.  None of them did completely take them away, but I had a fantastic nurse who got my vein on the first try which is rare.


I did get the bassinet set up in my room today. Wasn't too difficult, I just rolled it in and put some blankets inside that Grandma Hays made. I got out the infant car seat and figured it out and will teach daddy when he come
s home. They haven't changed much..or at all...in the 10 years I've had one (less if you think about my having a daycare and installing car seats 100's of times.  I also packed the diaper bag the best I could with what I have and my hospital bag the best I could too. I'm not too concerned - the only thing I really worry about forgetting is my charger for my phone and my camera.

I have a feeling this will be a long labor. I'm not sure why I think that, but it's a gut feeling. With Allison I started contracting around 2pm and got to the hospital after 6pm (having a difficult time getting a hold of her dad - cell phones were pretty new to use then) At around 8pm they found she was breech and I had my C-section shortly after. I only had 1 scan with her throughout the pregnancy, not nearly as many as I've had with this one.   With Tyler I started having contractions Christmas Eve and headed to the OB office and had to see the on call Dr who told me I wasn't in labor but then he checked me and I was, indeed, in labor so he sent me to the hospital. After any phone calls to those celebrating Christmas Eve (thankfully they were almost all together) I soon gave birth naturally to my sweet boy. I remember I had a cold and wasn't feeling well and the anesthesiologist said I couldn't feel a thing...not sure how he was certain as I felt everything. Telling someone who's pushing a baby out that they are not in pain, when they ARE in pain is really not a good idea. Both of my previous deliveries went fairly quickly.  

I've been having contractions for weeks - slowly getting more painful. I do prefer to just wait them out at home vs sitting in a designer gown in a luxury hospital bed - but waiting is a pain in the butt too. Since I have had a previous C-section I will not be getting any induction drugs ...that and I'm still too early for that to even be a consideration.  He'll come when he's good and ready I suppose.  I would prefer a couple more weeks but it's not really my choice. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you feel. Please be nice. I only do nice. xoxo